Baked Spinach-Parmesan Dip
This remarkably convenient and versatile appetizer rates high with Alice Chazen, co-owner of Perry Creek Vineyards. Make the cheese mixture up to 2 days ahead, cover, and chill, then bake uncovered. To vary the results, replace the spinach with chopped artichoke hearts. Chazen serves a dry Chardonnay or fruity Riesling with either version.
- 10 ounces frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 6 ounces onion, peeled and minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup parm cheese, + 2 tablespoons
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 2 baguettes, thinly sliced
1. Squeeze spinach to remove liquid. With a mixer, beat spinach, mayonnaise, cream cheese, onion, garlic, 1 cup parmesan cheese, and pepper until thoroughly combined.
2. Mound mixture in a 3- to 4-cup baking dish. Sprinkle evenly with 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese and the paprika.
3. Bake in a 350° oven until hot in center and lightly browned on top, 25 to 30 minutes.
4. Serve hot to spread on baguette slices